News for the Change Makers on your campus

CADA News

CADA News

CADA News

2024.25 Vice President’s Message

During the 2024 Convention, Melissa Edsall was elected to the 4 Presidential Chair, she begins as Vice President

Hey there! The CADA Convention was such a blast, wasn’t it? The Spirit Games were especially awesome—I’m still riding that high! It’s incredible how much inspiration and knowledge we gain from each other at these events. After spending a week with my CADA family, I always feel ready to tackle whatever challenges come my way for the rest of the year!

I am truly humbled and thrilled to serve as your CADA Vice President for the upcoming year. CADA has my heart, and I am so excited to serve all of you. My journey with CADA began in my freshman year of high school, and it has been a driving force in my life ever since. Now, as I embark on this new chapter of leadership, I am eager to continue growing alongside all of you.

Currently, I am an educator at Douglass Middle School, where I have the privilege of teaching our WEB Leadership class, as well as 7th and 8th-grade ASB Leadership classes. Additionally, I serve as our campus RTI Specialist for the other half of my day. I find that these roles complement each other well, as student activities play a pivotal role in shaping our school culture and student experience. Our shared goal is to cultivate a strong sense of community and to create an environment where students feel valued and inspired every day.

Integrating PBIS principles into student activities and Tier 1 engagements is a powerful way to deepen connections on our campus. As Activity Directors, we understand that what we do has an impact on students’ experiences and their sense of belonging. By aligning our efforts with PBIS, we not only reinforce positive behaviors but also cultivate a culture of respect and inclusion. We all know that building relationships and fostering student engagement are at the heart of our work. When students feel connected to their school community, they are more likely to thrive academically and socially. This is where CADA shines—providing a supportive network where we can share ideas, collaborate, and lend a helping hand to one another.

I have a quote as a part of my email signature from The Original Mike Smith, a mentor of mine, and it says, “All too often ‘good enough’ is where the ‘weak hearts’ stop. It keeps the very best in them from rising to the top. ‘Enough’ implies just getting by, and ‘good’ falls short of best. So ‘good enough’ is average stuff and seldom meets the test. But you don’t have to settle there. You have what it takes. Push yourself to do your best; it’s how you get the ‘breaks’. Remember that the choice is yours and you alone choose either; But those who win are those that know that ‘good enough’ is neither!”  By taking on any role in the student activities world on your campus, you are already choosing neither.  Thank you for all that you do for students, it will be my honor to serve you over the next four years.  [email protected]